Responsible for building and maintaining Integrations with ModuleMD healthcare software. Mirth connect knowledge and integration with Labs, Registries & Healthcare systems experience is a must to have a skill to be successful in this job. He/She will ensure the applications/solutions are effectively integrated and interfaced to maximize business value and optimize information/data integrity and consistency. This position requires knowledge of working with RESTful APIs & OAUTH tokens. Using Postman tool with API integrations is one of the most important skills for this job. Database experience with SQL programming is a plus. Experience with Microsoft graph API is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Playing a lead role in the integration process
- Take ownership of the complete build of setup of channels & program the channels on Mirth Connect.
- Take ownership of the complete integration process; which includes analyzing needs, draft specifications, develop interfaces, perform quality testing, roll out the interfaces and documenting processes for the interface engine.
- Understand ModuleMD product architecture and develop product deployment and configuration planning in coordination with the Software engineers of the Product Technology team.
- Work with end-users and project teams to analyze and document data and workflow processes. Good data analysis, communication, troubleshooting and writing skills are required.
- Assist with maintenance of integration infrastructure including routine support, upgrades, problem diagnosis and performance tuning.
- Develop interfaces that are secure, compliant with all laws and regulations (such as HIPAA) will be a priority. Demonstrates core understanding of clinical processes and business needs. Performs other programming duties ranging from shell programming, tool/utility development, and API development.
- Develop, support and modify new and existing client facing and internally structured file based, table based, HL7, X12, API based and generic interfaces.
- Works closely with operational, technical and business teams to understand and provide feedback on complex functional requirements for interfaces, identify gaps and technical limitations, propose solutions and workarounds and formalize solutions in technical design documents.
- Acts as the technical escalation point for analysts and clients regarding Mirth interfaces.
- Provides customer support and technical issue resolution relating to system interfaces with Mirth software.
- Completes required implementation and validation checklists and documentation for new interfaces and upgrades.
- Develop options and recommendations to quickly resolve interface items and questions to minimize impact on end-user productivity and overall impact to organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Interface management and improvement
- Executing the details of each interface through understanding the operating systems used.
- Configure Alerts on failure of interfaces
- Prepare a real time dashboard of interface & connection statuses.
- Investigate and research solutions, integration opportunities and recommend the same to the IT Project Manager and Management.
- Managing integration projects assigned to him/her.
- Participate in the implementation of new application development projects
- Acting as an internal consultant and primary resource for issues regarding designing, building, testing and activating application interfaces
- Develop, support and maintain documentation and procedures as needed for each assignment
- Develop and maintain models and documentation of business and system requirements and configuring systems accordingly
- Map all existing interfaces/integrations and produce a master integration document with Current state Vs Future State documentations.
- Develop integration standards and framework in conjunction with the Product technology team of engineers – which guides all future integrations
- Participating as a member of implementation project team, working in collaboration and communicating effectively with project managers and other team members across IT department
Providing training and educational support
- Providing training to other IT staff and end users as appropriate
System configuration changes and modifications
- Provide integration engine function, design and building expertise to produce successful interface implementations for each integration facility
- Code and configure Interface Engine according to documented specifications and in some cases, works with clients to develop such specifications
- Contribute to preparation of testing scripts and performs unit, system and integration testing tasks
Other daily and routine activities
- Providing on-call support during off hours
Comply with Policies, Procedures and Practices of the ModuleMD Infrastructure
- Comply consistently with ModuleMD Infrastructure guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to any information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MCA graduate – relevant HealthIT experience and demonstrated competence matching above mentioned expectations may exempt the degree in computer science upon the review from senior IT staff.
- Minimum 5 years of applications integration or integration development experience required
- Experience with Mirth and interface Developer certificate preferred
- Working experience with RESTful APIs, HL7, FHIR and OAUTH will be a winner
- Experience in other integration engines
- Microsoft Graph API experience is a highly desirable
- Experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred
HL7 Certification, any other certification into the interface engine
Recognized certifications such as Project Management Program certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), etc
Experience Required in addition to the Qualifications mentioned above (Relevant to the Job)
- Extensive understanding of HL7 messaging standards and message structure, enterprise level interface integration platforms (i.e. Mirth Connect) and expertise in building complex event based real time interfaces.
- Expert knowledge of information messaging standards (i.e. HL7, FHIR and middleware principles and concepts (i.e. APIs, REST, SOAP, Web Services, JSON, etc.).
- Knowledge of HL7 message structure (i.e., ADT, BAR, ORM, ORU, etc.).
- Expertise in developing and operationally supporting enterprise level interface engine platforms (i.e.) Mirth Connect, etc.
- Expert in Mirth interface programming and Mirth Connect application, setup, configuration, maintenance and operations.
- Understands object-oriented programming and familiar with .Net and J2EE frameworks.Understanding and implementation of the Software Development Life Cycle principles and concepts, including change management.
- Demonstrate proficiency in software testing (unit, regression), including planning and execution.
- Skilled in common algorithms and data structures, database concepts and design, SQL queries.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into software designs and solutions.
- Experience in Visio, Office365, MS Project & MS Office Suite.
- Multitasking and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relational database design.
- Proven working experience as an Interface Analyst or Developer.
- Exposure to Medical device integration
Additional Requirements / Remarks
- Proficiency in English language
- MS Office and computer proficiency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously (multitask) and move them all towards resolution
Interested candidates kindly send us your CV to (ashwitha.naidu at modulemd.com) or can call on 9246733773 and please when you are sending your CV kindly mention your CTC, expected CTC and Notice period.
|Job Category||Information Technology|